PTCL Gets NOC to Improve Network Monitoring and Fault Resolution
PTCL has added a Network Operations Center or NOC to efficiently resolve countrywide network issues centrally from a single place. The central NOC facility of PTCL is located in Islamabad, while there are 3 regional NOC’s in Lahore, Rawalpindi and Karachi respectively. Disaster Recovery would be done in Karachi.
Company’s press release said that the purpose of NOC is to control, monitor and manage the entire PTCL network and to enhance and optimize Network Management through a transparent and centralized platform. The NOC also helps to create a highly available, adaptable and fault resilient network that can meet the market demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
Earlier, PTCL use to face serious operational challenges, since there was no centralized network management for fault resolution. Service restoration use to take a long time. Besides there was no mechanism for root cause analysis.
The benefits of NOC include
- Proactive identification and resolution faults of through Real-time Network Monitoring & status visibility.
- Increase network availability through Enhanced Quality of Service and centralized performance statistics and reporting mechanism.
- Increased Accountability and Transparency through escalation policies, work orders and maintenance of secure activity logs.
NOC platform will also used to diversify the services and customer base to increase revenues. Further, Performance management statistics are being used to conduct the trend analysis and to reengineer the network.
- PTCL NOC Ensures a Fault Resilient Network
- PTCL Employees Go on Strike over Salary Differences
- PTCL Upgrades its Contact Centers
- PTCL Upgrades Customers Contact Centers
- Loopholes in PTCL's Selling Strategy for New Connections
- PTCL Announces IPv6 Compatibility
- PTCL Inaugurates One-Stop Shop in Clifton