Caution: PTCL Linemen Can Use your Phone Line
I had applied for new PTCL landline connection – resultantly, PTCL’s staff was going to install the telephone line today, as I received a call from a lineman who informed me that they are near my place and inquired about exact address. These folks called me on my cell number from these two numbers 051-4449570 and 051-4445561.
Later on, when I thought of calling them back on both numbers, I was told that these were residence numbers and had nothing to do with PTCL’s office or exchange.
After sometime, again I received a call from another telephone number (051-4449570) of I-10/1, Islamabad Exchange (this time the guy confirmed me about the installation).
So apparently, these linemen use residence (customer’s) numbers to make their personal and official calls.
After all this happened, my mind is consistently thinking about following questions,
- Why company representative dialed official call by using residence numbers?
- How many other people dialed from such sources on a daily basis (either they are PTCL officials or general public?
- Who will be charged for these mobile calls that the lineman made to me?
- If these calls will appear in telephone bills?
- If not, why designated telephone numbers were used for calls?
- Most importantly, how can i keep these linemen away from my line… so that they don’t use my line for their personal calls.
Image Credit: APP
- PTA Asks PTCL to Advertise De-activation Process of Voice Mail
- Free Calls from Mobile Phones to Toll Free Numbers Proposed
- PTA Recommends Guidelines for International Toll Free Numbers
- Get Same Number for PTCL and Ufone
- Block All Unwated Calls on Your Ufone Number
- Rs. 1 Per Min – Country Wide: PTCL
- Control Outgoing and Incoming calls with Ufone UMonitor!