Illegal Gateway Exchange Siezed in Quetta
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) in its effort to curb the illegal termination of International Voice traffic has set up a grey traffic monitoring facility at Islamabad. Based on the information obtained through this system grey traffic activity was suspected in an area of Quetta.
Acting on the information provided by PTA Headquarters further investigation was carried out by PTA Zonal Office Quetta and a joint raid with FIA Quetta was conducted at the suspected place.
A large number of credit cards used for payment of bills for the mobile numbers involved in grey traffic were recovered from the scene. In addition a huge quantity of CNICs and post paid bills of mobile numbers used in illegal activities were also recovered. Two members of a gang involved in illegal termination of International Voice traffic were apprehended.
This is the first case of its type in Balochistan and a successful raid which resulted in arrests and recovery of evidence is a clear indication of commitment of PTA to curb the illegal international voice termination from the country.
- Another Network of Illegal Exchanges Got Busted
- IPs Carrying Illegal Voice Traffic will be Blocked Automatically: PTA
- PTA Busts Illegal Gateway Exchange
- Illegal Gateway Exchange Ceased in Multan
- Illegal International Exchanges Busted in Peshawar and Karachi
- 5 Illegal International Gateway Exchanges Busted
- Illegal VoIP Gateway Busted in Karachi