Official: Check How Many SIMs are Registered against Your CNIC through SMS
After Online Service (Through PTA’s Website), now you can check number of SIMs registered against your CNIC through SMS too.
ProPakistani had covered this story in September 2009 that PTA is offering this service through SMS too. Now the service has been officially announced by the PTA.
Process is very simple
Write your CNIC (without dashes and spaced) and send it to 668
In return you will details of numbers registered against your CNIC including the mobile company name that has issued SIMs against your CNIC.
In case of authorized Numbers against your CNIC, contact the concerned Customer Service Center/designated franchises with your original CNIC to get them blocked.
Overseas Pakistanis can also get their data corrected by visiting this link or designated pages available on websites of all cellular companies.
PTA has advised everyone to get rid of all un-authorized numbers that are registered against your CNIC. Not only this, you must make sure that SIM you are using is in your name. If not, then contact concerned customer Service Center or Help line to rectify the issue.
PTA says that soon, all un-authorized SIMs will get blocked. However, no Deadline given for this.
- Mobile Users to Visit Customer Centres for Data Correction
- Maximum 5 SIMs Allowed on 1 CNIC: Time to Block Your Inactive SIMs
- PTA Officers Visit Telcos to Confirm Blocking of Un-Verified SIMs
- PTA Removes CNIC Copy Condition for SIM Data Correction
- Online Facility for Overseas Pakistanis to Block Extra SIMs
- SIM Owners to be Held Responsible for any Unlawful Communication
- PTA Keeps Strict Check on SIM Sales