PTA to Auction 1.9 and 3.5 GHz Broadband Frequencies
Auction is likely to be held in February 2012, while it seems that the value of spectrum will be determined through bidding.
In a statement issued by PTA, it said that Information Memorandum (IM) containing information interalia auction methodology and venue etc will be made available on PTA Website in coming days.
Further information can be obtained from the Director General PTA Licensing Division or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTA said that with the auction of additional spectrum, new investors will enter the market and more competition will be generated in this segment.
Authority is expecting that customers will get good quality of services at affordable rates after emergence of new broadband operators.
Analysts opined that government/authority should consider the size of market and level of competition in market before inviting new operators. They said that we might see history of dial-up industry repeating after this auction which will kill the investors’ trust.
Also to mention that with 3G just around the corner, the viability of wireless broadband channels is largely a question mark.
- PTA Advertises Consultancy Requirements for 3G Auction
- PTA Seeks Budget for 3G Auction Process
- 3G Auction: Another InstaPhone in the Making?
- Confirmed: 3G/4G License Auction in March 2012
- PTA to Revise 3G Information Memorandum
- 3G Auction in Pakistan on March 29th
- PTCL Will Bid for 3G License Auction: Etisalat