MIT to Offer Free Online Course
Evaluation for this course will be arranged online while MIT will offer certificates for the candidates who will successfully complete the course.
Starting this March, an Electronics course offered online will be part of a pilot programme for online education, namely MITx with an aim to offer higher education to seekers throughout the world.
MITx will be interactive online course that will:
- organize and present course material to enable students to learn at their own pace
- feature interactivity, online laboratories and student-to-student communication
- allow for the individual assessment of any student’s work and allow students who demonstrate their mastery of subjects to earn a certificate of completion awarded by MITx
- operate on an open-source, scalable software infrastructure in order to make it continuously improving and readily available to other educational institutions.
Upon successful completion of this course, MIT plans to eventually host a virtual community of millions of learners around the world with more courses to be included in MITx project.
MIT says that it will make the MITx open learning software available free of cost.
Frequently asked questions about MITx are available here.
- Punjab Gets E-Learn Platform to Make Textbooks Available Online for Free
- Pakistan Plans to Unify Free Online Courses from Top Global Universities
- Pakistan’s First Science and Technology Web TV Channel Launched
- Wateen Deploys WiFi Hotspots at Educational Institutes in Punjab
- Sabaq.PK Offers Free Online Video Tutoring In Urdu
- Pakistan's First Online Education Institute Launched
- Teaching Thousands Through YouTube: Working Example