Wateen to Start Service in Pakpattan
Wateen Telecom has announced to start its service in Pakpattan, which is an addition to Wateen’s WiMax network and came as part of Wateen’s collaboration with the Universal Services Fund (USF).
Through the USF, Wateen offers discounts to subscribers in areas where internet penetration is extremely low.
Wateen is already working with USF on four broadband and three optical fibre projects in underserved areas of Balochistan, Sindh and Punjab, with subsidies worth a total of Rs 2.8 billion.
With the addition of Pakpattan, Wateen now serves a total of 25 cities, with 960 WiMAX sites nationwide, making the company the largest WiMAX service provider in the country.
Naeem Zamindar, CEO Wateen Telecom, stated on this occasion, “The addition of Pakpattan to our WiMax network is part of Wateen’s mission to provide internet connectivity to every single Pakistani. We will continue to add more cities – as well as previously unconnected areas – to our network until we are confident that all Pakistanis have easy and affordable access to the internet.”
Wateen is the pioneer in bringing wireless broadband technology to the country and the first in the world to roll-out a WiMax network on a nationwide scale. Over the last year, Wateen has invested heavily in improving and expanding its network,workforce, systems and processes to ensure delivery of an outstanding customer experience in the future.
- Wateen Promotes Internet Literacy in Underserved Areas of Pakistan
- Wateen Tops Broadband QoS Survey by PTA
- Wateen Strengthens Commitment to Telecom
- Wateen Launching USB Dongle, Soon
- Wateen Signs Multi Million Dollar CPE Supply Contract
- Wateen to Double CPE volume from 100,000 to 200,000 by Year End
- Wateen Offers Student Discount Package in Selected Cities