Apple Beats HP to Become Top Computer Seller
But it is only now that Apple has succeeded in this field too and according to the report by Canalys, Apple has sold more computer systems than any other manufacturer in the world.
According to this report, Apple sold 21 million systems in the second quarter of 2012, up from 13.1 million of the same quarter of 2011 and experienced a 59.6% increase in sales.
Compared to that, HP sold only 13.5 million units, down from 15.2 million of the same quarter of last year. Lenovo however, experienced a good increase in sales by selling 13.1 million units in this quarter, up from 10.3 million.
Apple captured 19.4% of the market-share in Q2 compared to the 12.5% and 12.1% of HP and Lenovo respectively. One of the biggest reasons of this success is the launching of Retina display Macbook which has a jaw-dropping resolution of 2800 x 1800.
The report also said that the personal computer market increased by 12 percent but that too is mainly because of the sales of the New iPad. But it must not be forgotten that all the figures are only for second quarter of 2012.
Apple already earned huge profits by its Macintosh line of computers as early as 2010 when Apple had hold of only 9% of the market but earned 35% of the market’s profits mainly due to the high prices of its products.
- Android Tops Sales Charts in Q1 with 30 % Smartphones From Samsung Only
- iPhone Ends 2012 on a High, Becomes the Top-Selling Smartphone
- Windows Phone Becomes Fastest Growing mobile OS in the World
- Apple Strengthens its Dominance in Tablet Market
- Worldwide Phone Sales Drop by 2.3 % in Q2 2012
- Windows 8 is Installed on 2% PCs worldwide After 3 Months of Release
- Samsung Android Phones Sales Beat Apple and Nokia