Warid Now Supports Twitter Messaging
Twitter recently partnered with Warid to allow its customers to be able to use Twitter via SMS, while Warid users – after integrating their mobile devices with Twitter accounts – can perform all necessary tasks to operate their Twitter accounts via text messages.
If you are already a Twitter user then log in to your twitter account,
- point your browsers to this link: http://twitter.com/devices
- choose ‘Pakistan’ as country
- Enter your phone number and let the carrier as preselected ‘Warid’ and follow the wizard to complete registration.
- After confirming your information, any SMS sent to 40404 will become a Tweet that is sent to your followers. All Tweets can be viewed when you visit your account online
After Registration you will be enabled to
- Send tweets with text messaging on your phone.
- Receive texts for DMs and the tweets from users you want to be notified about.
- there is no subscription fee
- Receiving notification from Twitter is free
- Sending SMS to Twitter number 40404 is charged at Rs. 1 plus tax per SMS
- No hidden or other rental charges
Twitter SMS Commands
Send SMS on 40404 with following commands:
- FOLLOW username > Start following a user
- UNFOLLOW username > Stop following a user
- ON/OFF > Turn all Tweet notifications on or off
- ON/OFF username > Set Tweet notifications for a user on or off (you’ll still be following
- them even if you set it to off)
- GET username > Shows you the latest tweet from any user
- RT username > Retweet a user’s latest tweet
- FAV username > Favorite a user’s latest tweet
- D username your-message > Send a direct message to a user
For complete set of Twitter SMS commands click on this link
- Telenor Now Officially Supports Twitter Messaging
- Ufone Now Officially Supports Twitter SMS
- Zong Partners with Twitter to Offer Services via SMS
- Get Facebook Updates on Your Mobile for Free
- Warid : Instant Messaging over SMS!
- Zong Introduces ‘Facebook Mobile Alerts’
- Warid Launches Email to SMS Service