Prime Minister for Taking Steps to Safeguard Mobile Service
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has directed Interior Minister, Mr. Rehman Malik to ensure that every possible measure is taken to safeguard the existing mobile service from elements who misuse it without causing any inconvenience to the common man, said a statement issued by the PM house.
The Prime Minister gave these directions in a meeting with Mr. Rehman Malik, Interior Minister who called on him at PM’s House this afternoon.
The Prime Minister said that mobile is an essential requirement of the modern day life and citizens of Pakistan must continue to enjoy this facility without any disruption.
On orders of Rahman Malik, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority had earlier directed mobile phone operators to block cellular service in Karachi, Lahore, Multan and Quetta on Eid evening.
Mr. Rehman Malik briefed the Prime Minister about the steps taken by the Ministry on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitar for preempting any untoward incident. He said that the decision of blocking mobile facility in certain areas played a critical role in maintaining peace during the Eid.
The Prime Minister appreciated the efforts of Interior Minister and his team for the excellent security arrangements made in coordination with provincial governments on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitar.
- Main Na Manu Haar: Rehman Malik
- Directives Issued to Shoot Mobile Snatchers at the Spot
- CEOs of Telecom Companies Meet PM, Fair 3G Auction Promised
- Mobile Services Likely to Remain Suspended During Eid: Rehman Malik
- New SIMs to be Posted to Postal Addresses: Rehman Malik
- FIA to Crack Down on SMS Messages
- Mobile Networks to Remain Blocked in Selected Cities for Security Reasons [Updated]