Website and a Facebook Page Against Chairman PTA Get Blocked
Evidently, as the URL suggests, website was aiming to uncover Mr. Farooq Awan, newly appointed Chairman of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority.
Similarly a Facebook page, apparently run by same individuals with same intentions, was also blocked for same reasons.
“The News” has said that both the website (farooqawanexposed.com) and Facebook page contained baseless information and that is why PTA has to order for a block of both the URLs.
Though the authenticity of allegations against Mr. Awan is questionable, but such blocking instances will curb the freedom of internet media (by giving more freedom to government bodies), leaving the masses with no option but to follow the wishes of top people in the government.
It maybe recalled that Video of Ayesha Sana’s press conference on YouTube were blocked, in which she had alleged an MD of a TV channel for misappropriations.
We are yet to ascertain the methodology required to get a website unblocked, or a process for the re-consideration of decision for blocking a website.
If such things are not stopped then we might see more such bans in coming days.
- End to Unjustified Cyber Censorship Demanded
- Now Facebook is Used to Spread Prophet Mohammad’s Drawings
- Blasphemous Facebook Page was Hacked, Its Back Again
- Shahbaz Sharif Uses Dozens of Government Websites to Promote His Facebook and Twitter Profiles
- Pakistan to Open YouTube Only if Blasphemous Videos Get Blocked
- Blashphemous Facebook Page Banned in Pakistan [Updated]
- Facebook Takes Down Controversial Page, Not Really [Updated]