How Do You See Pakistani Telcos Relying on Indian Models for TV Ads?
We have been told that a mobile phone company has shot a TVC for its upcoming promotion in which Nargis Fakhri, a super bold Bollywood movie star, was used as a model along with company’s local brand ambassador.
We are yet to get more details on this, but we are reliably told that Nargis Fakhri, the Rockstar heroine, will soon be featuring in Pakistani TVCs.
Its wasn’t long ago when we discussed the use of Indian production houses in Pakistani campaigns, in fact, there are large number of non-telco entities following this for quite some time – but the question remains there: Should we use Indian models and overlook Pakistani talent for our media campaigns?
As we argued before that Indian production houses are relied upon to meet tight schedules and to save some money too. But, if one may consider, how badly our local industry is getting hurt?
Using foreign studios and production houses with local models is one thing, but using a Bollywood Face is altogether a different story. One may also argue that local talent could not match with a the boldness of Nargis Fakhri, then probably you are neglecting Veena.
To know our readers’ viewpoint on this, we are arranging a poll below in which you can share your feedback (and thoughts in the comment section):
- Ban Indian Models Appearing in TVCs: NA Body
- Mobilink Brings Nargis Fakhri for Faster Downloads
- Indian Talent in Pakistani Adverts – Debate Continues!
- IT Sector Posts 120% Growth in FDI During Jul-Oct 2011
- Pakistani Celco Signals Stronger Than Indians in Jammu
- Geo TV Gets Hacked for Not Covering News about Kashmir
- Sachal Studios from Lahore Tops iTunes Jazz Genre