Breaking: Mobile Services to Remain Blocked in 15 Cities Today
A directive has been issued by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, apparently on orders of Interior Ministry, to suspend cellular services in 14 cities of Pakistan, with immediate effect till 6 pm 21st Sep 2012.
Mr. Rahman Malik, head of Interior Ministry, had hinted the service suspension earlier in the evening by saying that Ministry is yet to decide anything on blocking of cellular Services amid security situation in the country on Friday.
At least one cellular company has confirmed ProPakistani the order for blocking the service and said that directive will be implemented immediately.
PTA order which was sent out to cellular companies through an email at 12:15 am, (a copy of which is available with ProPakistani) directed mobile phone companies to block cellular service in following 14 cities:
- Rahim Yar Khan,
- Chakwal, Chakri
- Kot Momin.
Mobile phone companies are asked to remain ready for blocking service in Islamabad too, orders for which are likely to be issued in the morning.
Earlier, Mobile phone services were suspended in four cities on Eid, for same reasons.
We are getting confirmations that service is being blocked on selected networks in selected cities. It appears that mobile companies are in process of pulling the plug.
Mobile phone service in Islamabad gets blocked too.
Reportedly, mobile services are being restored now. In accordance with the original directive, mobile phone services were to remain suspended till 6 PM today.
- Mobile Services to Remain Suspended in Karachi
- Mobile Phone Services to Remain Blocked During Qadri’s Long March
- Mobile Networks to Remain Blocked in Selected Cities for Security Reasons [Updated]
- Mobile Service to Remain Suspended for Two Days for Over 70% Pakistanis [Updated with List]
- Mobile Services to Remain Suspended in Karachi for Three Hours Today
- PTA Issues Cellular Suspension Directive for Sindh, Withdraws After Few Minutes
- Mobile Phone Service Likely to Remain Suspended Tomorrow