Telenor Pakistan Gets Hacked
Official website of Telenor Pakistan is reportedly hacked and defaced by a Xpired, a member of hackers’ group called “Cyberhax0rs”.
“You are owned by Xpired”, a pop up message appears on a page that has been inserted into the webserver of Telenor Pakistan. There is no other message displayed on the page, except for a security warning, which says: “Where is Security?”
You can access this page by clicking this link: http://www.telenor.com.pk/cache/x.html
We assume that this page is going to get deleted shortly. [Yes, its removed now]
Xpired said that he hasn’t damaged any files or databases on Telenor’s server, instead he just wanted to warn Telenor Pakistan about the security flaws in their website. Moreover, he said that homepage or any other pages of website weren’t defaced or infected on purpose.
It maybe recalled that Cyberhax0rs – the same hackers’ group — had defaced PTCL’s official website, just recently, in similar manner.
In a related news, Telenor Pakistan is long struggling to bring back its Weblounge, an online facility for prepaid and postpaid customers to check their call activity, changing profile and other similar functions for their Telenor numbers. When we last checked, about two month ago, Teleor had said that the portal is down for maintenance and will be back soon.
- PTCL Gets Hacked, Again! [Updated]
- Ministry of Defence Website Gets Hacked
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf Website Gets Hacked
- MCB Targeted by Hackers, Becomes Third Defaced Bank in One Week!
- Punjab University’s Website Gets Hacked
- Soneri Bank’s Online Banking Website Gets Hacked
- Official Website of NADRA E-Sahulat Gets Hacked, User Data Compromised