Mobile Services to Remain Suspended in Karachi for Three Hours Today
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has just issued a directive to all telecom operators to suspend mobile phone and wireless services in Karachi today, a source has just confirmed ProPakistani.
Directive said that services will remain suspended in city of Karachi only from 12PM to 3 PM, amid security threats.
Mr. Rehman Malik, Minister Interior, had earlier hinted that Karachi is likely to see large-scale terrorism and violence in February 2013.
Consequently, he had said, the cellular services will be suspended from time to time based on security intelligence.
It is feared that service suspension will now become a daily routine in parts of country.
Cellular companies, who bear revenue loss, are not happy with the routine overhead involved in suspending and then restoring telecom services.
- Mobile Services to Remain Suspended in Karachi
- Confirmed: Cellular Services to Remain Suspended in Karachi and Quetta Tomorrow
- Cellular Suspension in Karachi Likely On New Year Eve
- Cellular Services in Karachi, Quetta and Part of Islamabad to Remain Suspended Today
- Cellular Services Are Likely to Remain Suspended in Pakistan on May 11th
- PTA Issues Cellular Suspension Directive for Sindh, Withdraws After Few Minutes
- Breaking: Mobile Services to Remain Blocked in 15 Cities Today