ASUS Announces the PadFone Infinity with a Mighty Price Tag
The idea of a phone that doubles as a tablet when placed in a dock might seem strange but has largely been neglected except by a single manufacturer, Asus.
Asus has been releasing such products since past couple of years and results have always been fine but not the best-sellers. This all might change with the new PadFone Infinity which consists of a phone with a 5 inch display and the tablet screen being 10.1 inch big. As always, the phone powers the whole system and the tablet, simply a dock.
The PadFone comes with a 5 inch display and a 13mp camera. It powers the whole unit and to do so, it comes with a beefy hardware. Here are the specs:
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- 5 inch display with 1080p Full HD resolution and 441ppi
- Gorilla Glass and Anti-fingerprint coating
- Nano-sim card support
- 8.9mm thick
- weight: 141g
- 1.7Ghz quad-core Snapdragon processor
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2GB processor with 32/64GB non-expandable storage
- 13mp rear camera with Full HD 1080p video recording
- 2mp front facing Full HD camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0, NFC, GPS, Wifi Hotspot
- 2400 mAh battery
As said earlier, the tablet dock mainly consists of the screen only. It has a 10.1 inch display with resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels. It weighs 530g and is 10.7mm thick. It also contains a battery which further makes the battery bigger by 5000 mAh.
The tablet and the phone combo costs a mighty $1325. That’s a lot of money even when you consider the fact that what you’re getting for that money is a beefy tablet and phone and that both your phone and tablet will virtually be the same.
For that money you can get an iPhone 5 and the new iPad, or the Nexus 4 and the Nexus 10. The choice is yours however but whichever way you go, you’ll never regret your decision.
- ASUS Announces the Cheap $149 Memo Pad Android Tablet
- ASUS Unveils the Android/Windows Running Transformer AiO
- ZTE announces the Windows 8 running V98 tablet
- Lenovo Releases the Ideapad A2109, a cheap Tegra 3 Tablet
- Samsung Announces the New Galaxy Tab 3.0
- Google Announces Nexus 7 Tablet
- Sony Shows Off its Flagship Xperia Tablet Z Priced at $499