Breaking: CCP Issues Show Cause Notice to PTCL On ICH Case
Competition Commission of Pakistan has issued a show cause notice to PTCL regarding the ICH case, which was recently shifted from Lahore High Court to CCP on orders of Supreme Court of Pakistan.
CCP, in its show cause notice, asked PTCL to respond to the concerns that were raised by a petition filed by Brain Telecommunication Limited in Lahore High Court.
Notice said that PTCL should respond to show cause notice on March 12th, 2013 and since the Supreme Court of Pakistan has directed the commission to resolve the case with-in 15 days hence, if deemed necessary by the Commission, the case may proceed on day-to-day basis.
It merits mentioning here that Supreme court’s Lahore registry had remanded the ICH case to CPP (Competition Commission of Pakistan) by saying that Lahore High Court is not mandated to hear the petition which was filed by Brain Telecommunication against establishment of ICH or International Clearing House.
Since the case is now being heard by CCP, PTCL and other LDI operators are now asked to present their views on all the issues raised in the notice in general, and to explain as to why an appropriate order under clause (b) of subsection (1) of Section 31 of the Competition Act may not be passed and/or a penalty may not be imposed for the violations that CCP had earlier communicated to the operators.
Copy of Show Cause notice can be downloaded by clicking on this link.
- SC Directs CCP to Hear and Conclude ICH Case in 30 Days
- ICH Case: SC Directs CCP and LDI Operators to Appear Before Court
- Supreme Court Reinstates ICH by Nullifying LHC Decision
- Future of ICH Trembles After It Gets Suspended by Lahore High Court
- LDI Operators Get United Against FCC Order for Suspending Payments
- Petition to Unban Night Packages Accepted in Supreme Court
- ICH Case in LHC: No Relief for Overseas Callers Yet