LHC Restrains Farooq Awan From Duty as Member Finance
Lahore High Court today ordered Mr. Farooq Awan, ex-Chairman of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority and currently the member finance of the authority, to restrain from all type of official working till the next date of hearing.
Court was hearing the writ petition filed by Khawaja Saad Saleem of Nayatel that has challenged the appointment of Mr. Farooq Awan as Member Finance after he was terminated from Chairmanship of Authority by the court.
Petitioner had plead the court that Lahore High Court had terminated Mr. Awan from Chairmanship of PTA by terming it illegal and in violation with regulations, however, he was re-appointed by the government as Member Finance, which is not only illegal but is also a contempt of court. Petitioner, hence, said that Mr. Awan should be stopped working as member finance by voiding his appointment.
Next hearing of the perition is on March 19th, 2013.
- Removed Chairman PTA Files Intra Court Appeal at LHC
- Chairman PTA Terminated, LHC Terms the Appointment Illegal
- Farooq Awan Appointed as Member Finance of PTA Despite LHC Orders
- Farooq Awan Removed as Member Finance of PTA
- LHC Issues Interim Order in Chairman PTA’s Appointment Case
- LHC Accepts Petition Challenging Appointment of Chairman PTA
- Court Reinstates Member Finance PTA