Ufone Announces Schedule for King of Speed Trials
Ufone – PCB announced the schedule for trials of “King of Speed”, a talent hunt which will reveal the best fast bowling talent.
King of Speed camps will be set up in 10 cities across Pakistan from 13th – 21st April 2013. The trials will be held in two phases, potential bowlers will be registered at their respective stations and the top two bowlers with most potential from each camp will represent their respective cities and move onto the second phase which will be held in Lahore and Karachi.
To facilitate this grand activity PCB will extend full support during the selection process in each of the selected cities and will provide speed detecting guns for the selection of candidates.
After the completion of round two, the three players selected via wild card will join Wasim Akram along with bowlers from the Pakistan National team in the National bowling camp to be hosted in Karachi.
Trials for round 1 will be carried out in Garhi KhudaBaksh & Multan on the 13th, in Faisalabad on the 14th, in Karachi & Islamabad on the 15th, in Peshawar on the 16th, in Quetta & Abbottabad on the 17th, in AJK (Mirpur) on the 18th& Lahore on the 20thof April 2013
Top 20 fast bowlers from across Pakistan will join round 2 of trials, which is scheduled to be held on Sunday 21 April, 2013 at National Stadium, Karachi and Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore.
As already announced Ufone will give away a grand prize of Rs.One Million in lieu of the Ufone Challenge to the bowler who achieves the fastest bowling speed above 145 kmph.
In case of multiple participants achieving this speed the amount will be equally shared.
For detailed schedule, venues and further information click this link.
- More than 2,500 Young Pacers Thronged Gaddafi Stadium Lahore
- Ufone King of Speed Winners Join Camp with Wasim Akram
- Ufone – PCB Select Six Young Bowlers During First Two Days of Trials
- King of Speed Contestants Given Another Chance to Win Rs. 1 Million
- Ahmed Jamal Wins Ufone King of Speed Grand prize of Rs. 1 Million
- Zong Starts 3G Trial Services for Limited Users in Lahore
- Ufone to Hunt and Reward Young Fast Bowling Talent