Mobile Phone Service Likely to Remain Suspended Tomorrow
Mobile phone service is most likely to remain suspended in various cities across Pakistan, we have confirmed with sources.
Cellular service suspension is expected across major cities of Pakistan on account of security situation during Chehlum processions of Hazrat Imam Hussain (R.A).
Sources in cellular companies confirmed ProPakistani that they have received an email from Pakistan Telecommunication Authority instructing them to remain prepared for the service closure.
Name of cities and timings for service suspension will be communicated to cellular companies later.
It is likely that service will remain suspended from 6 AM to 6 PM in majority of cities, while the duration of service suspension may get extended till 10 PM for more conflicted areas.
It maybe recalled that cellular service remained offline in dozens of cities last month during Ashura, for which they lost around Rs. 1.8 billion.
During the same service closure customers had incurred an estimated airtime loss of Rs. 100 million under the head of line-rent, SMS, voice and internet bundles that they had purchased in advance but couldn’t utilize the services due to network closure.
- Mobile Services to Remain Suspended in Karachi
- Youm-e-Ali: Cellular Services to Remain Suspended in Various Cities
- PTA Issues Cellular Suspension Directive for Sindh, Withdraws After Few Minutes
- Telcos Lost Rs. 1.8 Billion in Revenues for Remaining Offline During Ashura
- Cellular Services Are Likely to Remain Suspended in Pakistan on May 11th
- Mobile Service to Remain Suspended for Two Days for Over 70% Pakistanis [Updated with List]
- Telcos Lost Rs. 600 Million Yesterday, But That’s Not the Only Thing to Worry About