Zong Achieves 25 Million Customers
Zong yesterday announced that it has achieved the landmark of having 25 million customers on its network.
Zong – part of China Mobile – achieved this mark in just five years of its operations in Pakistan.
Having such high growth rate in customers’ acquisition, however, isn’t helping company’s balance sheets. This is due to the fact that company bears industry’s lowest paying customers on its network with Average Revenue Per User per Month of Rs. 142 only.
Zong says that majority of its customers are young.
Apparently Zong is perusing for customers only and not the revenues generated through them. They are trying to take a leading position in the market before aggressively working on other dimensions of the business model.
Check below the pattern of Zong’s customers’ acquisition over the years:
- Mobilink Reports 10% Decline in Revenues During Q1 2014
- Telenor Posts 5% Growth in Revenues During Q1 2014
- Warid Enjoys Top Paying Customers in the Market
- Pakistanis Exchanged 238 Billion SMS in 2011
- Mobilink’s Revenues Slip 6% During Q4 2013
- Financial State of Cellular Companies in Pakistan – 2007/08
- Mobile Phone Users in Pakistan Cross 139.2 Million Mark