Telenor Submits its First Instalment of 3G License Fee
Telenor Pakistan yesterday paid its first instalment for 5Mhz of 3G spectrum it had won, to become first operator to have paid the license fee.
Picture shows (L to R) Tariq Sultan, Member Finance, PTA, Muhammad Aslam Hayat, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Telenor Pakistan and Abdul Mobeen, Director Regulatory and Interconnect, Telenor Pakistan.
Telenor had won 5Mhz for deployment of 3G services in Pakistan against US 147.5 million dollars. As allowed by PTA, Telenor opted to pay 50 percent of the fee as up front, while rest of the money will be paid in five years with interest.
Zong and Mobilink are reportedly going to pay their full license fee instead of paying the money in installmenet, since their payments are huge and will involve higher interest values.
PTA is likely to hold a license award ceremony – after operators deposit their license fee – where licenses will be awarded to all 3G and 4G spectrum winners.
- Zong to Pay Full License Fee for 3G and 4G Spectrum in One Go!
- 3G / 4G License Award Ceremony on May 22nd: PTA
- 3G / 4G License Award Ceremony Likely on May 17th
- Mobile Companies Awarded 3G and 4G Licenses
- 3G / 4G Auction Starts: Four Operators to Submit Sealed Bids Today
- All Four Operators Bag 3G Spectrum, While Only Zong Took Home 4G license
- Spectrum Demand in 3G / 4G Auction is More than Supply: Chairman PTA