Yesterday I woke up late and first half of the day was boring. Around mid day I made plan to see the near by phone market (sakatinubu street). There I made up my mind to buy a blackberry phone for testing and also for an experience in BB world. As an old time windows mobile user and recent android user I have never been a big fan of Blackberry devices. but interest towards them are neutral. And I purchased a basic/old blackberry curve 8520 in 32,500 N ~ 10,000 INR ~ 19,000 PKR.
What I like :
- Build in quality.
- QWERTY keypad,
- OS is designed for Business users & Professionals.
- BBM is there.
- The human to device interaction is good. I did not able to feel much difference between the new os on bold 3 and os on this old model.
- Good battery life so far.
- OK Camera.
- Bundled accessories are practical & of good quality.
- Good amount of configuration/settings available on the OS.
What I did not like :
- No Flash for camera. (Personally don't want a camera on this phone but still its a negative).
- Only 2G.
- Long boot up time.
- No document editor. (Only viewer)
What I don't Understood :
- Why they ask so much money for this basic phone. Even after 2+ years ??
- Photography Camera is not very important on this phone. Why not move that camera to front for video telephony ??
- What is the meaning of having only 2G.
Its difficult for me understand the logic behind this BB model. Its not a bad phone at all but the price !! I don't know. I can't suggest someone should buy it or not. But in my point of view you'll buy this phone when you are too moody and you heart overrides your mind.