Senate’s standing committee on Interior has passed directives to Pakistan Telecommunication Authority and Ministry of IT and Telecom to finalize policy for taking away pre-active SIMs from the market, with-in two weeks.
A source familiar with the directives issued by Senate’s standing committee told that Government is very serious to tackle illegal SIM’s issue, especially after Marriott’s incident; Government is in no mood to leave any stone un-turned in order to make the country free of illegal SIMs.
Seriousness of Chairman Senate Standing Committee on Interior Talha Mehmood can be judged by his statement that he gave during today’s meeting, he said, “We are in state of War…” He said that PTA must come up with policy with in two weeks, so that all pre-active SIMs could be taken away from market at earliest. Senator Talha, linked various criminal activities with illegal SIMs, and he once again emphasized the need to taking severe actions against those who carry illegal SIMs.
Further reading on Illegal SIMs …
- Unregistered SIMs Issue Yet to be Resolved
- 7.1 Illegal SIMs Blocled + Ban on Pre-Activated SIMs = Issue Resolved?
- Is NADRA capable of Verifying 90 Million SIMs?
- Dispute between NADRA and Cellular Companies Halts online Verification System for Franchisers
- 7 Million Mobile Connections Blocked in Pakistan