We know through our sources and a service glimpse given on PTCL’s website, that PTCL is planning to launch long awaited CDMA based wireless broadband in Pakistan from December 1st, 2008. Initially, service will be offered in Karachi, Islamabad/Rawalpindi and Lahore.
From early information provided, we can assume that a plug and play USB compatible device will be provided to customers, to get this always on Mobile Broadband.
After DSL and WiMAX I suppose such mobile broadband is something that Pakistan’s consumers are looking for. However, the pricing is going to play a major role in making such gadgets and services hot. However, it is anticipated that pricing will be quite high than of wired broadband – But we can expect anything from PTCL…
- Always ON Mobile broadband; Customers can use Mobile Broadband service wherever they want – at work, at home, at leisure, on the campus, on the road
- Supported by world’s proven CDMA technology
- No phone line is needed; just insert a USB card in your laptop / PC and start enjoying broadband wherever you are. No need of WiFi hotspot; you are your own hotspot
- Speed up to 3.1Mbps (3000Kbps)
- Send / receive SMS on laptop / PC (bundle offer)
- Free email account with 20 Mb storage capacity
- Unlimited downloads (data, songs, videos etc.,)
- Corporate / SME executives who need to stay in touch (Emails / VPNs)
- Students living in hostels
- Researchers who require broadband to surf the web anywhere any time
- Home users who can not get access to fixed broadband (DSL)
Expected date of launch: Dec 01, 2008