As we are praising our free incoming and free messages, others are busy in innovation and service quality. Recently Telecom Asia Awards 2009 were conducted and Pakistan was not there in single category. We have to show our strength in Asian region and then beyond.
Normally, we compare different services in terms of money or number of subscribers and not in terms of quality. We have seen telecom operators bringing something new in our market but these services are already there abroad. We haven’t seen our local telcos bringing new product & service to this industry but rather adopting them from abroad. This trend is also seen in terms of Price plans as well.
Here is the list of the winners of this auspicious ceremony..
- Telecom CEO of the Year: Terry Clontz, StarHub (Singapore)
- Best Asian Telecom Carrier: Orange Business Services (France)
- Best Broadband Carrier: StarHub (Singapore)
- Best Carrier India: Bharti Airtel (India)
- Best Emerging Market Carrier: Excelcomindo – XL (Indonesia)
- Best Managed Services Provider: Orange Business Services (France)
- Best Mobile Carrier: Excelcomindo – XL (Indonesia)
- Best New Technology: Apple Corp. for Apple Store (USA)
- Best Satellite Carrier: Asia Satellite (Hong Kong)
- Best Wholesale Carrier: Pacnet (Hong Kong)
- Ovum Telecom Innovation of the Year: Vodafone Australia for Vodafone Business One
- Ovum Best Telco Transformation: Bharti Airtel (India)