First let me provide some details on difference between PDA’s and normal mobile Handsets. A personal digital assistant (PDA) is a handheld computer, also known as a palmtop computer. Where normal mobile handset is a mobile phone or mobile (also called cell phone and hand phone, as well as cell phone, cellular phone, cell, wireless phone, cellular telephone, mobile telephone or cell telephone) is a long-range, electronic device used for mobile voice or data communication over a network of specialized base stations known as cell sites.
Now days, visit any nearest city mobile market you may observe the following cases:
Selling a Expensive PDA’s
- If you are selling expensive mobile like iphone 3G or BlackBerry Storm or any other expensive PDA, you will get the lowest bid for your mobile phone even if it is new, or there are chances that shopkeepers may refuse purchasing it and saying they already have plenty of stock of model.
- The main reason behind expensive mobile purchasing is uncertainty of circumstances and increasing trends of laptops instead of getting such mobiles while carrying in pocket with limited features on the go.
- By the way, shopkeepers may offer you exchange solution instead of purchasing on cash.
- Where if shop keepers wants to sell such PDA’s , but they are unable to find such buying customers as they are diverted to laptop markets and now people want to mobile via laptop instead of mobile handsets.
Buying a mobile handsets
- On the other hand, if you want to buy mobile handsets in the market, you would have some different situations available.
- Like if you want to buy mobile handset within budget of Rs. 10000 to 15000 budget, you will definitely get an alternate offer for used PDA purchasing. Mostly customers went for such buying decision because of features and screen resolutions.
- On the other hand, market is now more turned towards touch based and smartphones. Customers are now more aware of phone features and its usage; like if you just observe the market stats, and compare today’s situation with couple of years back, hardly any shopkeeper got blackberry customers. Because of its features or high resolution mobiles with brand names.
I think nokia has already made decision for manufacturing smartphones where nokia latest touch based phone launch proved its interest in smartphones. But at the same time, all of these manufacturers need to think about price tagging as well. As now major competitor to such mobile PDA’s is laptop market especially in the Pakistan.