All Mobile phone companies have collectively written a letter to PTA while requesting its support by acting upon few critical things, which affect mobile sector.
- State bank of Pakistan to allow hedging facility to the cellular mobile sector
- Abolishment of Activation tax
- Support for allowing cellular mobile operators to retain APC as its allowed to local loop operators
- FED to be reversed back to 16% from 21 %
- Reinstatement of withholding tax exemption whereby companies were allowed to make interest payment on foreign debt without deduction of withholding tax
- Abolition of 10% withholding tax on mobile services under income tax ordinance
We are not sure if PTA can entertain all demands of mobile companies, but surely authority needs to listen the industry which has done far better than others could do in same period.