This service is the first of its kind, ever introduced in Pakistan by any cellular company. Ufone introduces uconnect – a service to remotely manage your computer’s shared folders, push email service and search files with your handset. These services are provided under secure data transfer protocol and each user gets 512Mb online space for folder sharing, fee of charge.
UConnect provides following features that can be managed from your handset.
- MS Outlook Synchronization
- File Sharing
- Search through files
- Push Email
- PC Tasks
MS Outlook Synchronization:
Access your outlook emails, contacts, tasks and reminders
Remotely access files stored on any online computer (be it personal or corporate) from your EDGE/GPRS enabled handset. File sharing includes MS-Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe PDF, Notepad, Images (jpeg, gif, png) and Multimedia files (mp3, mpeg, avi, wmv, mid, wav). This needs to have UConnect client installed on your PC.
Search through files:
You can use the powerful search feature to search for files, emails and contacts and much more through your EDGE/GPRS enabled handsets.
You can choose your PUSH email facility to be delivered to your handset as a SMS PUSH or WAP PUSH for every new email. You can configure up to 5 emails accounts simultaneously for an account on your handset. Each email account can be used the same as you would through you computer. This feature can be used on Gmail, Hotmail and POP3/IMAP accounts.
This is the most important feature of this service.You can share multiple PC’s and can perform the following PC Tasks can be done remotely via EDGE/GPRS enabled handsets or via SMS:-
- System Restart
SECURITY: All communication with the server is encrypted including the files that are backed up at remote servers.
Free Data Space: Each account will be allotted 512 MB of free data space.
Subscription & Charges:
Monthly Subscription: SMS ‘SUB’ to 292 – Rs. 25 + tax.
Additional Computer: SMS ‘SUB’ to 293 – Rs. 5 + Tax/month
Additional Memory: SMS ‘SUB’ to 291 – Rs. 5 + Tax/6 months
GPRS Charges – Standard Ufone EDGE/GPRS Charges or UrEDGE Data Package charges apply.
Commands for ease of use:
Unsubscribe UConnect: unsub uconnect
Unsubscribe Space: unsub space
Hibernate: hibernate machine name
Lock: lock machine name
Logoff: logoff machine name
Shut Down: shutdown machine name
Restart: restart machine name
Next Message: next message id
Send Email: send email address email message
Forward: forward email address email message
Reply: reply email message
Reply All: replyall email message
Delete Email: delete email id
Reset Password: resetpass
All these commands will be sent to 5748 at Rs. 2 + Tax/SMS
Terms and Conditions:
- Login format will be like 9233XXXXXXX.
- If you share more than 1 machine, you will have access to all the machines via 1 account.
- All charges will be deducted from the master account, i.e. MSISDN against which account was created.
- All change requests can only be made from the master account.
- SMS and WAP push will be sent to master account MSISDN.
- You can use Push Email services without downloading the application for personal email accounts.
- Email push supports all POP3 and IMAP based emails.
- SMS push will only show 160 characters of an email per SMS.
- There is no limit to the number of computers that can be registered on a single account.
- In sharing user will have to share folder not individual files.
- Application may not work if proxy or internet access is limited by firewall or other network security setting.
- Only MS outlook (2000, 2003 & 2007) is supported.
- User cannot view pictures within the email but can view pictures as attachment.
Download Manual from here