Masses, not only from urban areas but also from rural and countryside, are comprehending the fruitfulness of internet.
They understand that internet happens to be the only platform that can expand their businesses beyond the geographical boundaries, and that too without any physical presence.
We have mourned several times regarding the lack of ecommerce infrastructure in Pakistan, but still the enthusiasm and dire demand had brought many sellers online. Their return on the internet investment is not optimum, however, they have initiated their online presence – and are contented with what they are getting.
Here is this one example of Shah Cattles that has its website with pictures, videos of gigantic cattle’s. They have contact number and email address mentioned on their website for those who are interested in buying all these animals.
This example can be inspiration for thousands of other businesses to follow.
Here are some of the benefits for a business website
- Never assume that internet websites are only for big businesses in major cities only, you can have a website for your home based stitching farm, cattle house or even if you are local shoe maker
- A website will fetch you more customer not only from Pakistan but from world over – thanks to Search Engines you are visible to whole world.
- You don’t need to send brochures or flayers for those who are doing business remotely with you, or even for your walk in customers, just tell them the website url and they will have through information on what you sell. As an example, I was sitting with this guy named Salman of Mega.PK, who sells laptop in Rawalpindi – he was actually saving his time by asking everyone to have an eye on prices from our website; he further explained to customers that images, videos, specification and prices are available.
How Much a website Does Cost?
This is going to be the most important question arising in your mind right now. Let’s take example of Shah Cattles to find out how much a website costs,
- Website Design: Rs. 10,000 (One Time cost – a Shah Cattle like website can be designed in Rs. 10,000 or around from a developer you know, maybe your cousin or friend of a friend)
- Domain Fee = Rs. 800 Per year (this is the price of domain name or website address, for example, http://www.propakistani.com costs us Rs. 800 per year)
- Hosting Fee = Rs. 400 Per month (Hosting fee is on monthly basis, it can range from Rs. 2000 per year to Rs. 20,000 per month, depending on your traffic. 99 percent starter websites require very basic hosting plans that are not more than Rs. 300 per month.
Disclaimer: ProPakistani also offers Hosting and Domain Registration Services (You may contact us for further information on this)
Thanks to SAM for sending us Shah Cattle’s Example