Zong brings Zong [email protected] a j2me-based application; this service enables Zong customers to access all their e-mail accounts on their mobile phone through Zong [email protected] application client.
Customers interested in staying connected to their email accounts can do it through Zong mail without necessarily having to buy high-end mobile handsets; Most medium to high range handsets come with email access options, but the user experience varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. This application provides a standard experience across all handsets and is much easier to configure.
Can my mobile phone run this app?
The application can run on all High or medium level mobile hand sets that supports java applications (j2me), GPRS and MMS.
Push e-mail: Customers can access their personal (Gmail, Hotmail and POP3 / IMAP) Customer will start off by Account creation @zongmail.pk (mandatory for downloading the application), after the installation of the application customers can add five existing email accounts. They will be getting real time emails on their handsets and they can manage multiple email account through the same interface.
RSS Feed: [email protected] enables to receive RSS feeds from multiple information sources and broadcasters on your Hand set in real time.
Live Weather: [email protected] allows our customers to receive live weather reporting service for multiple geographical Locations.
Downloading [email protected]
The Zong mail application can be downloaded by following these simple steps:
- Send an SMS “Mail” to 6245 (mail)
- The server will accept any text in the message for sending the application
- The link for downloading the application will be received
- If the customer is a first time user, he/she will have to create a new email [email protected] in order proceed, existing users will be required to simply provide their zongmail account credentials
- The application download link will be displayed if the handset is compatible
- The customer will open the application after downloading and installing the application.
- Credentials will have to be supplied during first time login only
Subscription Charges: The Service is free of charge so no subscription charges, Standard GPRS/EDGE Charges apply.