Mobilink Jazz has introduced a new value added service called “SMS Chat”, through which Mobilink customers can chat anonymously with other Mobilink customers.
This SMS bases service allows you to chat anonymous with a group or an individual in private, like chat rooms – while you can also go one-2-one with any other chatter in private.
To get started simply send the command ‘Chat’ to 636
- When you send this SMS for the first time, you will be asked to create a profile (nick, age, gender and location)
- You will then be sent a list of rooms to chat in
- Subscription: Rs. 15 + tax
- SMS charges: Rs 0.10 + tax / SMS
Public Chatting in Chat Rooms
To take part in a public chat, just select a room from the list of rooms sent to you in response to the CHAT command
Once in a room, you can undertake the following actions:
- Chat with users in a room (Send a message to everyone in the room / receive messages)
- Get the list of users currently in the chat room
- Invite another user currently in the room for a private chat
- Leave a chat room
Private Chatting with another User
To conduct a private chat with another user:
- You can conduct a search for users that match a certain criteria e.g. Islamabad based females of a certain age.
- Enter a chat room and view list of people in the room
In both cases, you will be sent a list of nicks (that matches your search criteria or simply the list of nicks of people currently in the room). You can then invite a particular nick / user to start a private chat.
To find users that match certain criteria:
- Send ‘Search’to 636
- The service will ask you to select a search option
- Reply with the search option of your choice
- The service will send a reply with a list of users’ nicks and profiles that match your search criteria
- You may filter the returned nicks using the FILTER command
To start chatting: Send CHAT to 636 (first time users are asked to complete profile comprising of nick, age, gender and location)
To enter a chat room: Select a room from the list of rooms sent to you when you send ‘Chat’to 636
To chat with other users in a chat room: Simply reply to chat room messages
To get a list of users in a room: Reply with ‘list’to chat room message.
To filter the list of users: Once you have received the list of users in the room, you may filter the results according to some other criteria by replying with ‘filter’.
You will receive a message with options to filter down your search further according to nick, age, and gender. Select the desired option to get results matching filtering criteria.
To leave a chat room: Reply EXIT to a chat room message
To invite another user to a private chat: NICK<space>message e.g. koolcat hello want to chat?
To block a user: Reply to user’s message with ‘block’
To unblock a user: Reply to user’s message with ‘Unblock’
To change profile: Send ‘Change Profile’or ‘cp’to 636