Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has announced Essay Writing Competition, on topic: “Better City, Better Life with ICT”, in connection with World Telecom Day celebrations.
It merits mentioning here that PTA did a similar competition last year and had announced prizes of Rs. 100,000, Rs. 60,000 and Rs.40,000 – however, we never heard from authority about results or the winners. Looks prize money transacted into wrong account numbers.
This year, PTA has again dared to conduct the competition, though no prizes were mentioned – looks like a formality call to fill the yearly report.
Here are rules, if you still like to take part:
- Essay shall be strictly limited to a minimum of 1000 and a maximum of 3000 words in accordance with sample document placed at: < sample>
- Essay shall be sent in electronic format through email at: [email protected].
- Essay will be accepted only in editable MS Word Format.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and shall lead to disqualification.
- References shall be notified as mentioned in the sample document mentioned above and placed at PTA website.
- Last date for submission of essay is May 05, 2010. No essay will be processed after the due date.
- Any submission not conforming to the attached sample format will be disqualified.
- The essay should be written by one author only. The name of the author should be mentioned on the document along with Contact number (Preferably mobile number), email address and postal mail address.
Here is a sample Essay format that participants are supposed to follow: Download here