Email Phishing, a way to acquire sensitive information from internet users by disguising as an official email from the service provider/bank, is not a new term for Pakistani users, however, the criminal minds have started targeting the bank account holders – one of serious most offense in cyber world.
Let’s review an email forwarded to us by a ProPakistani reader, who has a bank account in Allied Bank Limited.
He received following email:
When we clicked on URL(http://caramotards.free.fr/phpBB2/pakis.htm) in email, it opened following page:
Now this page is designed exactly like Allied Bank’s official website.
Message for General Users:
- NEVER respond to any email that asks Password, Pin Code, Security answer or any similar information that you may not want to share with anyone.
- Immediately report any such email to your bank
- Register a complaint with FIA
Message for Banks!
- With increasing trend of mobile banking and net-banking, there should be a comprehensive awareness campaigns by banks to educate their customers of such phishing attacks.
- Enhance your security and intelligence to detect and deal with such criminal activities.
Message for FIA and Government of Pakistan
- You are too sluggish to act on very sensitive matters. You may know that there is no Cyber law in place in our holy land, bring a law now – This country is running without a law, what a pity!