Sony Ericsson has confirmed that older members of XPERIATM family will not savor Froyo (Android v2.2) update – says Android Community.
SE XPERIATM X10, X10 Mini and X10 Mini pro will stick to Android v2.1 a.k.a Éclair, however, they’ll be getting software enhancements via future upgrades.
SE claims that current Android version combined with their proprietary software updates is the best available option for these devices and they’ve plans for implanting new features through software upgrade e.g. introducing Multi-touch support to X10 and other members of XPERIATM family in Q1-2010.
It merits mentioning that with the introduction of XPERIATM X10 SE got back on the track which they might’ve otherwise lost.
XPERIATM X10 proved to be the success for SE itself. They were already late in releasing Éclair Upgrade for the device and now they’ve abandoned next OS upgrade at least for older members of the XPERIATM family. XPERIATM X10 users can still upgrade to Froyo and even Gingerbread (Android v2.3) using unofficial custom ROMs but at their own risk.
Meanwhile, SE has also introduced a new flagship device named XPERIATM X12 a.k.a XPERIATM Arc which promises to bring along following set of features:
- 4.2 Inches Capacitive Touch Screen of Type LED-backlit LCD (Reality Display)
- Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine for improved Multimedia experience
- Display Resolution of size FWVGA (854×480)
- Android OS 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Slim & light-weight (8.7mm at its thinnest part & 117g)
- 8.1MP camera with [email protected] HD Video recording
- Sony Exmor RTM Mobile Sensor with f/2.4 lens aperture for better low light performance
- 1GHz Snapdragon Processor & 512MB RAM
- 512 MB Phone memory & up to 32GB external memory support.
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, MicroUSB, MicroHDMI & 3.5 mm Jack