As young population of Mobile phone users is continuously on the rise in Pakistan, Cellular companies are introducing new SMS packages every other day to hold the subscribers.
In fact SMS has become easy bait for all these cellular companies to hold their subscribers. The prime example of this phenomenon is Ufone, which is leading the SMS race in the country.
Here is the Comparison of all SMS packages offered by cellular companies:
Note: You may need to choose a specific package to avail following mentioned SMS bundles. Not all packages of respective operators may support following deals.
Please check respective operators and their packages for detailed information.
- Telenor Djuice
|8.37 (Inc.tax)||1200||7 days|
|29.88 (Inc. tax)||3500||15 days|
|59.75 (Inc.tax)||7500||30 days|
|1.79 (Inc.tax)||200||1 day 24 hours|
- Telenor TalkShawk
|5+ Tax||200||5 days|
|2.5 + Tax||150||24 hours|
|3.99 Plus Tax||500||24 hours|
|1.5 Plus tax||150||24 hours|
|6.99 Plus tax||1,200||7 Days|
|80 Plus Tax||8,000||30 Days|
|50||500 per day||15 days|
|80||500 per day||30 days|
|3.99||500+100 MMS||1 day 24 hours|
|2.99||250||1 day 24 hours|
- Warid also Offer Zen SMS Craze: Rs. 150 (inclusive of taxes) for 5000 SMS/MMS plus 10 MB of GPRS
There is not much of a difference in all these SMS packages offered by Cellular companies and it is getting cheaper day by day yet giving them more revenue by capturing more subscribers.
These cellular companies have made our youngsters addicted to the SMS mania and they can’t afford to stay away from SMS any time.
Just to tell you few facts:
- Pakistanis exchanged 151 billion text messages in year 2009 that is 1532 SMS per subscriber.
- Pakistanis exchanged 128 text messages average per person in 2009 that is higher than 105 messages of world over all average of per person SMS sent in a month.
- According to the International telecommunication Union (ITU) the globe is earning 14000 dollars every second from SMS that is, assuming an average cost of USD 0.07 per SMS .In 2010 SMS traffic was generating an average of USD 812000 per minute (USD 14000per second) from 5.3 billion global users.
- Pakistan is ranked fifth in global SMS per subscriber per month list after Philippines 834 ranked first, U.S.A 464 ranked second, Sweden 149 ranked third, and U.K 142 ranked fourth.