Submit your best work and compete for a chance to win great prizes.
The winning apps will receive awards and will be published on the Ovi Store for everyone to download and enjoy.
How To Submit an App:
Submitting an app to the contest is easy and fast.
- Just go to http://mea.nokia.com/makemyapp
- Click on the “Submit” button and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Short-listed entries will be invited to present their idea and demo of the app on a Nokia device to the Jury Panel. Participants will be informed about the presentation date and venue by email.
There are four categories of applications that developers can submit.
Can you create an App with the potential for changing the way we live? Can you enable and encourage others to embrace a more environmentally friendly lifestyle? Are you inspired to develop an App for environmentally sound decisions in our daily lives, or that helps us to recycle and reduce waste? Do you want to help protecting your city’s environment, your village or beloved nature park?
Then this is the category for you: Think of great, eco-friendly apps that help save the environment.
Fun & Games
Bring on the fun with cool apps that put the user and the device to the test. Here is your chance to submit apps that are all about FUN! This includes music, multimedia, and of course games!
Do you have an idea for an addictive or simple game that helps you enjoy a long bus journey or to entertain you and your friends? What about a way to customize or make simple functions like emails or photographs more fun?
The business productivity category is for apps that make doing business on-the-go easier. Develop apps that keep tabs on your stock, quotes, give you personal bank info, and even allow you to open, read and store work files.
This category is for mobile applications that make consumer’s daily lives easier and help them to be more efficient. Think of new and easy ways to organize life with utilities or personal finance applications or simply fun new apps to remind you of important deadlines or meetings, lessons or lectures.
Make life easier with super user-friendly apps for home, work or school.
- The winner in each of the four categories will get 400,000 PKR..
- In addition, there are special prizes in the Think Green category:
- The second prize winner in this category will get 80,000 PKR and a Nokia smartphone.
- The third prize winner in this category will get 50,000 PKR and a Nokia smartphone.
- There’s also a surprise prize for a recycling app, or an app for environmental education.
All eligible entries will be evaluated by the panel of judges based on the following criteria:
- Quality / Functionality: the application or service must be fully functional and run successfully on a Nokia device.
- Usability / Creativity: the application demonstrates superior user experience (UI, graphics, etc.) e.g. by leveraging the latest technologies.
- Uniqueness, novelty value and innovativeness: display creativity in applications, use established technology in a unique way, leverage the latest technologies, etc. In addition, the submitted app should not be available in Nokia’s Ovi Store before the start of the contest.
- Commercial viability / Market potential in Pakistan: ability to fulfill the users’ needs, customer adoption, local relevance in Pakistan.
- Nokia platform compatibility: cross-platform compatibility.
- The deadline for submissions is June 30th 2011
- The Apps should be for the NOKIA S40, S60 and S^3 Platfroms.
- For any queries: write to [email protected]