Federal Board of Revenue’s online NTN verification system is alarmingly offering an open opportunity to spammers, marketing agents, advertising agencies and general public to grab personal and sensitive information of any taxpayer.
All you need to have is just the CNIC number of any individual to get the sensitive information about his business, home address, business address, bank accounts, attorneys, business managers/directors and much more.
FBR’s This privacy nightmare is exposing all taxpayers to those who can easily misuse this extremely private information for their illicit acts.
Here is how it works:
- Get CNIC number of the target, (it is not difficult to get NIC of any person)
- Go to following web link and search person with his NIC number
- Here you will shown the NTN number registered against that particular CNIC,
- Now follow the given web link
- After selecting choice (Change in particulars) just input his/her NTN number
- Amazingly this website will not ask you any kind of username and password
- Now grab as much information as you want
Now, the worse part is that anyone can append your tax information that too so easily without requiring anything.
This is very alarming situation and FBR needs to enhance the security of website at earliest. We hope that authorities concerned show their interest in resolving the issue at earliest.
Thanks to Usman Akram for tipping us on this