Sony Xperia Tablet Z was already announced some months ago but not outside Japan. Its only now at the MWC event that they’ve announced the worldwide availability for the tablet with more or less similar specs.
The Xperia Tablet Z, according to Sony is the slimmest 10 inch tablet of the world at just 6.9mm thick. Just like the Xperia Z, it is also water and dust resistance.
Here are the full specifications of the tablet:
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- 10.1 inch display with resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Dust and water resistant
- 6.9mm thick
- weight: 495g
- 1.5Ghz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor
- 2GB RAM with 16/32GB expandable storage
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 8.1mp rear-camera with 1080p Full HD video recording with HDR
- 2.2mp Full HD front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0, NFC, GPS, Wifi Hotspot
- 6000 mAh battery
- Available in Black and White colors
With all these features, a huge price will generally be expected. The great news here is that the base16GB WIfi model of the tablet costs just $499, same as the new iPad while the 32GB version costs $599. All these great things make this tablet by far one of the best tablets in the world and it might even be the best tablet in the world right now, period.