After multiple leaks and teases, Huawei has finally launched its Ascend P6 smartphone. The phone is crowned the title of the world’s slimmest smartphone with its 6 mm profile.
The design of the phone is a bit close to the iPhone so lawsuits may follow the release, but nonetheless looks really striking with its glass panels and aluminium sides. Dual-sim support is there too.
The display of the phone is of 720p HD resolution and is 4.7 inches big. The OS running is Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Huawei’s Emotion UI on top of it. A 1.5Ghz quad-core Cortex A9 processor and 2 GB RAM should provide the phone enough horsepower. The back boasts am 8 megapixel camera with Full HD video recording. A pleasant surprise though is the 5 megpixel camera upfront.
Here are the full specs of the Ascend P6:
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Emotion UI
- 4.7 inch display with 720p HD resolution
- Dual-sim support
- Weight: 120 grams
- World’s slimmest smartphone at just 6.9mm
- 1.5Ghz quad-core Cortex A9 processor with Huawei’s own K3V2 chipset
- 2 GB RAM with 8 GB expandable internal storage
- 8 megapixel rear-camera with Full HD 1080p at 30fps video recording
- HDR mode and LED Flash
- 5 megapixel 720p HD front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 3.0, microUSB 2.0, USB-OTG, Wifi Hotspot
- 2000 mAh battery
- Available in Black, White and Pink flavors
The phone will be available this month. Pricing is unknown as of now but shouldn’t be sky-high really given Huawei’s history. Even before its release, the phone already got a respectable 2 million pre-orders. Needless to say though, the phone looks much better than most Android flagships.