Under the chairmanship of Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed, Chairman Senate Committee on Defence and Defence Production, first meeting of Cyber Security Task Force was held in Parliament House, Islamabad in which senior representatives of relevant public and private sector organizations, parliamentarians, government ministries, academia and media persons participated.
Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed, in his speech, emphasized that the internet is global by default and we need to remain a responsible nation while using it.
“Cyber security is, no doubt, a shared responsibility of every one of us and needs close partnership between Government, public/private sector, law-enforcement agencies, academia and international stakeholders so that people can go online with confidence.” The senator said.
Ammar Jaffri, Chairman Cyber Security Task Force informed that Cybercriminals are becoming more skilled – both at penetrating organizations and at avoiding detection by law enforcement agencies. No single organization can make the cyberspace secure and we all need to join hands together for a Cyber Secure Pakistan.
The task force took the following decisions:
- Prepare Cyber Security Act-2013 for presentation in the Senate around 14th August, 2013.
- Prepare Cyber Security Policy followed by the Cyber Security strategy of Pakistan by 31st Dec, 2013.
- Establishing the National Computer Emergency Response Team (PK-CERT) with the coordination of relevant organization and PISA.
- Arrange Country-wide awareness campaign on Cyber Security and all kinds of Cyber Security threats in coalition with PISA and all relevant Private and Public sector organizations.
- Commemorating the year 2014 as year of “Cyber Secure Pakistan”.
Given the urgency of cyber threats, Senate of Pakistan, in its budget session held on June 2013, unanimously approved for the formation of Cyber Security Task Force, to initiate required steps for Cyber secure Pakistan and then work as force multiplier for the implementation of these initiatives by related public and private sector organizations.
Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed, Chairman Senate Committee on Defence and Defence Production, announced the formation of Cyber Security Task Force having representatives, from relevant public and private sector organizations headed by Ammar Jaffri, Former Additional Director General FIA and pioneering head of National Response Centre for Cyber Crimes(NR3C) FIA.