How many PCs out there can hold as much power as a Lamborghini right now? You’re right, not many.
This, however, might be the Lamborghini moment of computers in their history. The ASUS Tytan G70 is one of the most powerful computers to be announced lately and fits the bill of the fabled Italian supercar quite perfectly: fast, bizarre and uncommon.
First thing’s first, the design is itself unique. It weighs 24 kilograms, far from anything close to portable (and rather un-Lamborghiniish). You get a big LED-lit, color-changing logo on the front.
The top houses a wireless charger. On either side are movable flaps which resemble a hypercar’s scissor doors. Why are they movable? Of course, they house two shy of a dozen cooling fans inside which come to life as soon as you activate the “Turbo Gear overclocking mode” by a press of a button. It is, in simpler words, Turbo boost.
On the inside, you get internal water-cooling (seriously, how much heat does this thing produce?). It has a 4th-generation quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, along with the latest Nvidia GeForce GTX780 GPU which supports up to 4 displays and 3D gaming. That’s alongside up to 32 GB DDR3 RAM and 15 TB of hard drive storage.
For connectivity, you get 6 USB 3.0 ports, 4 USB 2.0 ports, HDMI, headphone jack, card reader and more.
Here is the complete run of Tytan G70 Specs:
Tytal G70 Specs
- Operating system: Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Processor: 4th generation Intel Core i5 / i7
- Chipset: Intel Z87
- Graphics: Up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB GDDR5)
- Memory: 4GB (32GB max) dual-channel DDR3 (1600MHz)
- Expansion slots: 1 x PCI-e x 16, 1 x PCI-e x 1, 1 x PCI-e x 8 (shared with x16), 1 x PCI-e x 4
- Storage: Up to 15TB (5 x 3TB) SATA 6Gbit/s hard drive (7200RPM), Up to 256G SATA 6Gbit/s SSD
- Drive bays: 3 x 5.25-inch, 5 x 3.5-inch
- Optical drive: Super-multi DVD burner / Blu-ray combo / Blu-ray writer
- 7.1 channel with ASUS SonicMaster technology
- Xonar Phoebus sound card (optional)
- 6 x SATA 6.0Gbit/s
- 4 x USB 2.0, 6 x USB 3.0
- HDMI-Out, DVI-D, DisplayPort, VGA D-sub
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 3.5mm headphone, 3.5mm microphone, 3.5mm 7.1 audio-out, S/PDIF-out
- PS/2 mouse/keyboard
- 16-in-1 memory card reader
- Power supply: 500W / 700W
- Size: 300 x 530 x 630mm
- Weight: 24kg
But what about the price? That hasn’t been revealed yet, but it will quite easily go above the $1000 mark. Then again, what can we do for Lamborghinis don’t come cheap!