Panama Papers have created havoc amongst the corrupt and controversial personalities around the world. The leaked papers include 140 leaders from around the world and 200,000 offshore companies. Over 200 Pakistanis were named in the first list including Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s family and other politicians, businessmen and judges.
The International Consortium of Investigative Journalism (ICIJ) is all set to release the names of the next 400 names from Pakistan. Several of the notable names have already been published while the rest will go up later tonight.
Major names: A PTI financier, Benazir’s cousin, Seth Abid’s son, a close friend of Zardari and Altaf, former MD of Port Qasim, Sharmeen Obaid’s mother
Some of the prominent names from the list of 400 are given below:
- Zulfikar Bukhari, son of ex-interim minister Wajid Bukhari and a financier of PTI (6 companies)
- 2 of his sisters have also been named as shareholders
- Irfan Iqbal Puri, an oil czar, former minister and close friend of Asif Zardari and Altaf Hussain (3 companies)
- His son has also been listed as a shareholder in the companies
- Wamiq Zuberi who owns the Business Recorder newspaper in Pakistan (1 company)
- His wife Rukhsana, former PPP snator, is also a shareholder
- Naseer Khan, ex-health minister under PMLQ government (1 company)
- Shareholders include his brother and his son
- Saba Obaid Chinoy, mother of Oscar winner Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy (3 companies)
- Tariq Islam, a cousin of former PM Benazir Bhutto (1 company)
- Sajid Mahmood, son of Seth Abid Ali who owns 30 companies in Pakistan (1 company)
- Abdul Sattar Dero and family, former MD of Port Qasim Authority and a close friend of Asif Zardari who benefitted from the NRO in 2007 (2 companies)
- Zahida Dero
- Fahad Sattar Dero
- Fawad Sattar Dero
- Shaukat Ahmed and relatives, ex-president Karachi Chamber of Commerce ( 1 company)
- His son Imran Shaukat and daughter-in-law
- Rashid Bashir
- Khurshid Ahmed Sheikh
- Izzat Majeed, the owner of Sachal Studios Orchestra and a billionaire (1 company)
- Azfar Hassan, son of retired Admiral Muzaffar Hassan (1 company)
- Co-owned by Nadeem Iqbal Saigol
- Mehreen Akbar, wife of Ghous Akbar, and her two sisters (4 companies)
- Munir Monnoo and son, a Karachi-based businessman who established a company to open a Swiss account (1 company)
- Valliani Family, renowned fashion and jewellery designers in Pakistan (5 companies)
- Fawaz Valliani
- Zehra Valliani
- Sameena Valliani
Aleem Khan, member PTI, has also been found amongst the list of Pakistanis in Panama Papers, however, he has already clarified that this information was available in his asset declarations and the documents submitted to the Election Commission of Pakistan.
This is just a glimpse of the number of people who will be revealed later today. This list was published by Omar Cheema, one of the team members of the ICIJ.
When to Expect Access to Panama Papers?
The ICIJ will be revealing an online searchable database which will let anybody search and view the details of the owners of any offshore companies whose information was leaked through Mossack Fonseca.
All of the original documents will also be available for verification of the owners of the offshore companies. The database is said to be one of the largest ever document cloud online. It will contain information regarding companies, trusts, foundations and funds established in any of the 21 tax havens around the world.
The database cannot be used to access personal information like addresses, phone number, passport numbers and email addresses. The database is now online. You can search the complete list (as it updates continuously) at https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/ or download this PDF document which consists of the names of all people who were listed in the Panama Leaks (as of 10 May 2016).
Image Source: TheNextWeb