Meizu has announced a new phone which closely follows the line of its flagship phone, the Pro 6. The new phone is a high-end smartphone with a good price tag which should go on sale by the end of this month.
You could be forgiven for thinking this is yet another phone “inspired” by the iPhone 6/6s but at least Meizu did enough to curb those ridiculous antenna lines.
The display on the front features a 5.5-inch FHD Sharp panel with curved 2.5D glass. The front also boasts a fingerprint scanner beneath the display. The phone itself is just 7.25 mm thick and features Dual-SIM connectivity with Cat.6 LTE.
Under the hood, you get a deca-core MediaTek Helio X20 processor (details below), rather than the X25 on its senior. The amount of RAM is set at 4 GB which the storage at 32 GB.
At the back is a 13 MP Sony CMOS sensor with dual-tone LED, accompanying which is a 5 MP shooter on the front. The battery capacity is 3060 mAh and features fast charging. Connectivity includes LTE, Bluetooth LE, Wi-Fi ac and Type-C.
The phone, which will come in Silver, Gray and Gold, also supports a flip case with circular window (a la LG G4 and company) costing $15, as well as a Bluetooth speaker costing $60. It will be priced attractively at $299 but expect that to rise once out of China.
Meizu MX6 Specifications
- CPU: Deca-core ARM Cortex in tri-cluster
- 2 x A72 (2.3 Ghz) + 4 x A53 (2 Ghz) + 4 x A53 (1.4 Ghz)
- GPU: Mali-T880MP4
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio X20
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Flyme OS 5.2
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual-SIM
- Dimensions: 153.6 x 75.2 x 7.25 mm; 155 grams
- 5.5-inch 2.5D curved 1080p Sharp display
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal: 32 GB
- Card slot: no
- Primary: 12 MP /2.9” Sony IMX386, f/2.0
- 1.4um pixels, phase-detection AF, dual-tone LED
- Secondary: 5 MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: Cat.6 LTE, USB Type-C, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS/GLONASS
- Battery: 3060 mAh with 24W fast charging
- Price: $299 (Rs. 32,000 approx.)