Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is a well-known budget smartphone in the Redmi smartphone line. In fact it is arguably the best smartphone you can buy in the given price range.
It became very popular among medium-income customers. Many are waiting for the upgraded version Note 5 which is believed to be a one-up model of Note 4. However it seems that Xiaomi has already released the update earlier this month but with a different name.
According to an MIUI forum moderator, Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus has taken the place of Note 5. Xiaomi released two new smartphones: Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus earlier in December with Note 5 expected to be launched in January.
It is now rumored that there will not be a Note 5 and Redmi 5 Plus is the updated version of Note 4.
Xiaomi hasn’t released any official statement about whether the rumors are authentic or not.
Let’s take a look at the supposedly upgraded Note 4 that is named Redmi 5 Plus.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
The phone has been released in China only for now. According to the moderator the phone will be company’s sole large screen affordable phone.
The phone comes with a 5.9 inch, bezelless screen with Full HD+ resolution. It is powered by a Snapdragon 625 processor and has 3/4 GB RAM and 32/64 GB of internal storage.
Redmi 5 Plus has a 12 MP rear camera with PDAF and a dual LED flash and a 5 MP sensor on the front.
It is powered by a 4,000 mAh battery and supports fast charging.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus starts at $150 for 3/32 GB model and $180 for the 4/64 GB version.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Specifications:
- CPU: 1.4GHz octa-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
- OS: Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
- Supported Networks: GSM, CDMA, HSPA, LTE; Dual-SIM
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 75.5 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 180 grams
- 5.99-inch with 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~403 ppi density) Memory:
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32/64 GB
- Card slot: yes
- Primary: 12 MP, f/2.2, 1080p video, PDAF, dual LED flash
- Secondary: 5 MP, f/2.2, 1080p
- Fingerprint scanner
- Battery: Li-Po 4000 mAh with fast charging
- Price: $150 (3GB/32GB), $180 (4GB/64GB)