To help modernize civil services in Islamabad, Islamabad Police has launched an Android app to make it easier for the citizens to get these services.
The app has several useful features;
- Users can easily report incidents and send a picture, video, or audio directly to the police using the app,
- Users will keep getting reports and announcements by the police stations,
- A ‘panic button’ is also available which allows you to alert your predefined contacts in case of an emergency or get in touch with the Islamabad Police helpline,
- The app provides the user with important phone numbers of related institutions,
- Users can listen to live FM Radio to get traffic updates and other important news.
Other than these features, the app can also be used to get information about police stations, such as their locations using Google Maps and names and contact details of respective SHO’s, SDPO’s, and SP’s. The app also lets you become a volunteer by filling a form available within it.
In the app’s “Services” section, the users get to pay their Traffic Fine, verify vehicle numbers, register tenants, or access the Islamabad Police Website. The complaint registration module is really handy and allows the user to send pictures, videos, or simply record an audio which can allow the Islamabad Police to take immediate necessary actions.
The app is currently in beta and will improve further after its fully released. It’s available for download on the Google Play Store.