Oppo has announced a new phone in the mid-range market, called the A3. It comes with a large notched display, an octa-core processor and a single-lens at the back.
Design and Display
Oppo A3 Design and Display" width="500" height="500" />
The display here is a 6.2” panel on the front with FHD+ (1080 x 2280) resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio and a notch at the top.
According to Oppo, the A3 boasts an 88% screen-to-body ratio. It’ll be available in Black, Silver, Red and Rose Gold.
Internals and Storage
Under the hood, you get an octa-core Helio P60 processor, clocked at 2 GHz. There’s also 4 GB RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. Storage is expandable by up to 256 GB via a dedicated microSD card slot.
The A3 runs Android 8.1 Oreo with Oppo’s Color OS 5.0 UI.
The camera on the back consists of a solitary 16 MP sensor, with a f/1.8 aperture, Phase Detection Autofocus, and a LED flash.
OPPO F7 Comes with a 25 MP Front Camera for Stunning Selfies
The front camera comes with an 8 MP f/2.2 lens. It also supports facial recognition and can unlock the phone as fast as 0.08s.
The battery has a capacity of 3400 mAh, with no word whether it supports fast-charging. Pricing is set at around Rs. 38,200 (in China).
Oppo A3 Specifications
- CPU: 2 GHz octa-core (4x Cortex-A73 + 4x Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P60
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo with Color OS 5.0
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual SIM
- 6.2” 19:9 LCD with FHD+ (2280 x 1080) resolution
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal: 128 GB
- Card slot: yes, via microSD card
- Primary: 16 MP, f/1.8, PDAF, LED flash
- Secondary: 8 MP, f/2.2, face unlock
- Connectivity: microUSB, headphone jack, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi ac, VoLTE
- Fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3400mAh
- Price: CNY 2,099 (~Rs. 38,200)
The most overpriced phone making company
Um, don’t know what rock you’ve been living under, but this phone has already been released as the Oppo F7 globally.
Please read the specs of both phones again you will see some ridiculous differences like absence of finger print scanner & low resolution camera.