Oppo has announced a new phone in the mid-range market, called the A3. It comes with a large notched display, an octa-core processor and a single-lens at the back.
Design and Display
Oppo A3 Design and Display" width="500" height="500" />
The display here is a 6.2” panel on the front with FHD+ (1080 x 2280) resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio and a notch at the top.
According to Oppo, the A3 boasts an 88% screen-to-body ratio. It’ll be available in Black, Silver, Red and Rose Gold.
Internals and Storage
Under the hood, you get an octa-core Helio P60 processor, clocked at 2 GHz. There’s also 4 GB RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. Storage is expandable by up to 256 GB via a dedicated microSD card slot.
The A3 runs Android 8.1 Oreo with Oppo’s Color OS 5.0 UI.
The camera on the back consists of a solitary 16 MP sensor, with a f/1.8 aperture, Phase Detection Autofocus, and a LED flash.
The front camera comes with an 8 MP f/2.2 lens. It also supports facial recognition and can unlock the phone as fast as 0.08s.
The battery has a capacity of 3400 mAh, with no word whether it supports fast-charging. Pricing is set at around Rs. 38,200 (in China).
Oppo A3 Specifications
- CPU: 2 GHz octa-core (4x Cortex-A73 + 4x Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P60
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo with Color OS 5.0
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual SIM
- 6.2” 19:9 LCD with FHD+ (2280 x 1080) resolution
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal: 128 GB
- Card slot: yes, via microSD card
- Primary: 16 MP, f/1.8, PDAF, LED flash
- Secondary: 8 MP, f/2.2, face unlock
- Connectivity: microUSB, headphone jack, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi ac, VoLTE
- Fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3400mAh
- Price: CNY 2,099 (~Rs. 38,200)