Forbes magazine has released its list of “The World’s Most Powerful People 2018” and Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa has been named in it. The world-renowned magazine recognized Bajwa’s efforts for stabilizing the democracy in Pakistan and not interfering in the government’s matters.
The list includes 75 of most powerful people selected out of over 7 billion people in the world. Forbes incorporated following four factors to rank the most powerful individuals in the world;
- The number of people the person has power over,
- The financial resources they control,
- Their influence in multiple spheres, and
- How actively they wield their power to change the world.
Pakistan’s Chief of Army staff stands at the 68th spot on the list. Here is what Forbes wrote about General Bajwa;
Javed Bajwa joins the world’s most powerful at a time when the rift between India and Pakistan is improving, partly thanks to his efforts. Although the president is his boss on paper, Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff is de facto the most powerful person in the nuclear-armed state. Two years into his tenure as the head of the world’s sixth-largest army, Bajwa has established himself as a mediator and proponent of democracy.
The Top 10
China’s president Xi Jinping is the world’s most powerful man according to Forbes. The Chinese president dethroned Russia’s Vladimir Putin to clinch the number one spot. A surprise (or not) but the United States of America’s president Donald Trump stands at number 3 behind America’s bitter rival Vladimir Putin.
Here are the top 10 most powerful persons in the world;
- Xi Jinping (China).
- Vladimir Putin (Russia).
- Donald Trump (United States of America).
- Angela Merkel (Germany).
- Jeff Bezos (Amazon, America).
- Pope Francis (Roman Catholic Church).
- Bill Gates (Microsoft, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, America).
- Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud (Saudi Arabia).
- Narendra Modi (India).
- Larry Page (Alphabet, America).
The social network giant’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg stands at number 13 on the list.
You can view the complete list by clicking on this link.