National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Karachi has recovered nearly a billion Rupees worth of vehicles, prize bonds, property documents and cash from the home of Director General Sindh Building Control Authority (SBCA), Adil Omer.
Spokesperson NAB Karachi told ProPakistani that NAB got a tip about the Director during inquiry proceedings. NAB claimed that Adil Omer owns ill-gotten money from embezzlement of national exchequer.
On this lead, the bureau obtained a search warrant from the Judicial Magistrate. Under this warrant, a team from NAB searched Adil Omer’s home located in FB area Karachi.
During the search NAB recovered the following items:
- Mercedes C-Class Model 2016 worth Rs. 8 to 9 million.
- Toyota Premio worth Rs. 2.8 million.
- Suzuki Swift Model 2014.
- Cash and Prize bonds worth Rs. 5.5 million.
- Ownership of plots worth Rs. 500 million or more.
- Evidence of three properties in Dubai.
- Bank accounts with available balance of Rs. 50 million.
Currently Adil Omer has not been arrested, he has been granted interim bail by Sindh High Court. The accused has been inquired for the allegation of accumulation of assets beyond known sources of income and living expenses. Adil Omer assumed the charge of Deputy Director General SBCA yesterday, he held an important position at the SBCA earlier.