Are you someone who’s always on the go? Do you barely have time to prepare detailed meals? This grilled chicken salad recipe is your perfect go-to. If you want to save time, you can prepare the chicken fillets beforehand and refrigerate them. The rest is just a little chopping and mixing. A perfect, light, fulfilling meal that can be prepared in a matter of minutes. What more can one ask for?! Different people follow different recipes to make this salad. This grilled chicken salad recipe will make sure you get all the right flavors along with the health benefits. A beautifully served grilled chicken salad is not only appetizing but is also a feast for the eyes. So just try this recipe and dig into the perfect chicken salad.
What Is The Healthiest Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
Everyone loves chicken salads and especially grilled chicken salad. If you are eating healthy, chicken salads are the highlight of your day because they offer a flavorful treat to your tastebuds. Sometimes, people consider it a high-calorie dish because of the ingredients used in this salad. The classic chicken salad is a creamy American-style dish that dates back to the 1800s. This chicken salad, consisting of boiled eggs, almonds, pecans, grapes, and some other fruits is certainly a high-calorie food.
However, the flexibility of the recipe allows us to make our own versions of chicken salad. You can choose the ingredients that suit your diet, and you can easily go with them. With whatever ingredients you choose, you can enjoy the rich flavor of the dressing sauce. Choose nutrient-rich, filling vegetables for your chicken salad and savor it to the fullest.
A Nutrient-Dense Food Option
Chicken salads are loaded with healthy nutrients for the body. Protein is one of the most important nutrients that we need. The human body requires a specific amount of proteins every day to function normally. Most adults require 45 – 65 grams of it each day. That being said, 1 portion of chicken salad fulfills one-third of your entire protein requirement for the day. Along with proteins, chicken salads also provide the body with a required dose of beneficial vitamins and minerals. These salads are particularly rich in vitamin B6, phosphorous, niacin, and selenium. Hence, chicken salads are an affordable source of the right nutrients.
Things You Should Keep In Mind
Eating large portions of high-calorie chicken salad will lead to a reduction in the health benefits that this dish offers. Make sure to not add too much mayonnaise as this creamy binder adds a lot of unhealthy calories to your salad. Also, do not go extra with the nuts. Although nuts are nutrient-rich, they are also very high in calories. The ingredients used in the grilled chicken salad recipe can be a cause of certain foodborne illnesses. To avoid the risk of bacteria, make sure you cook your chicken properly and wash the vegetables thoroughly. It is important to be cautious while preparing, serving, and storing chicken salad.
|4 tablespoons olive oil|
|3 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|3 garlic cloves (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons yogurt|
|½ tablespoon mustard sauce|
|½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tablespoon vinegar|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|2 pinches of salt|
|2 pinches of black pepper powder|
|1 chicken fillet|
|1 tablespoon vinegar|
|3 – 4 garlic cloves (chopped)|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon black pepper powder|
|½ teaspoon dried oregano|
|½ teaspoon dried thyme|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|Lettuce leaves (as needed)|
|½ cup boiled corn|
|2 small tomatoes (cut in cubes)|
- To prepare the salad dressing, add olive oil, mayonnaise, finely chopped garlic, mustard sauce, yogurt, Worcestershire, vinegar, lemon juice, black pepper powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk all these ingredients thoroughly.Mark as complete
- Pour the prepared dressing into a dressing bottle and refrigerate for 15 minutes.Mark as complete
- For chicken marination, add vinegar, garlic, black pepper powder, salt, dried thyme, and dried oregano in a bowl and mix well. Marinate the chicken fillet in this mixture for about 15 – 20 minutes.Mark as complete
- In a grill pan, take oil and cook the chicken from each side for 5 – 6 minutes or until done.Mark as complete
- In a bowl, mix lettuce leaves, boiled corn, and tomatoes. Add the prepared dressing mix. Combine everything properly.Mark as complete
- Cut the cooked chicken fillet into pieces. You can keep the thickness and size of chicken pieces as you like.Mark as complete
- To serve the grilled chicken salad, take a serving plate and take out the prepared dressing on it. Add chicken pieces on top and serve.Mark as complete